Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Time to make a decision........

I decided that I could change the 2 rows of small squares into many configurations but in the end it really wouldn't make any difference how I had them.  There could be many successful ways of finishing this quilt and I had to just make a decision and move on.  Last night I got the first four columns sewn together.  I need to still fussy cut 19 more squares. 

I mowed the lawn while it was still low humidity yesterday.   The heat rolls in Wednesday and it sounds like it will be here for several days.  I have friends coming to sew Wednesday and Monday so basement cleaning will happen today.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

As a flower lover, this quilt is bursting with blooms and is so exciting. Supposed to be hot here Wednesday also, but not as hot as your place.

Hedy said...

It is pretty hot down here but there was some rain for our parched yards. Your flower top is coming along great, a real treat for our eyes.

patty a. said...

So many beautiful floral fabrics!

Alice said...

Love those flowers.

Verna G said...

I love all your flower blocks but I think the addition of the small blocks clutters it up. Just my opinion.

Ann said...

I'm intrigued that your "border" contains the smaller squares. It's more interesting when people do something unexpected. I think we usually make rows wider as we move out. So smart of you to change it up and gives us food for thought - as viewers and fellow quilters. Thanks.